


Hi Barbara and all:
This morning was really glorious. I spent a fair amount of time on the yellow flowers--which I feel didn't work so well. Would love to have feedback.
Barbara: on that little flower I was working on, I attached 2 (of the many). I don't think I caught it although I could see the light. Not sure what I might have done differently.
See everyone next week. Leslie
3 comments:
On the yellow flowers, though it's hard to truly judge from the blog perhaps it needs to be lightened (as in ettr in camera) becasue it is a picture about light and luminosity.
Other than that, there are many elements and arranging them to direct attention in some way takes practice, looking and seeing. Think of the lightest areas, where and how the eye will move. You can train your eye to see and feel, as long as you are really paying attention. I think it takes time.
Blue phlox capture that spring lightness, freshness, innocence.
Barbara: You don;t think the phlox--while beautiful flowers--make, in this case, a not very interesting image? Should I have been closer? I think there are too many similar shaped/colored grasses. Maybe not enough contrast? I don't know, I can't get excited about those pictures even though I was excited about what I was seeing at the moment.
I reduced the exposure in the yellow flowers because I thought they were too "hot". Will take back to the actual exposure and bring to class.
thanks for the feedback
Leslie
Hi Leslie,
I loved the droplets on your grasses. Maybe if you tightened the shot and enhanced the color of your phlox, you will see more of what you saw in the field. I have a similar shot and feel the same way--being very excited in the field and being a little less excited when I opened up the file.
Post a Comment