Saturday, December 17, 2016

Benson. Final selection for Landscape course.







2 comments:

Barbara said...

My favorite is 3rd from the top, with the sun lined up with the shoreline for warm afternoon-lit trees above and cool shaded water below. I think your tripod might be plaguing you with sharpness issues. If Santa is nice, once you adjust to new equipment, you will have a more stable shooting platform. You could review sharpness techniques discussed in class and recorded in the class google docs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61tw5vZ8MQBQnpDYm9jMjJHYTg/view?usp=sharing

As you gain greater control to achieve sharpness, your perception about what a sharp image is will develop. I think the kinds of images you are making are typical of landscapes that capture a certain fine level of detail.

Barbara said...

I also like the third from bottom, the way the river appears again in the distance, and again the warm / cool color contrast. In the enlarged view (click the image to enlarge) it seems there may be a yellow kayak in the distance - intriguing, can't be sure. I hope you'll continue getting out to explore Potomac locations with your camera (maybe even in the spring edition of Potomac Landscapes, but also independently before then. You seem to be bitten by the bug.

The more you look the more you will see.