Monday, January 22, 2018

Botanic Gardens and Huntley Meadows

One of the challenges in photographing at the Botanic Gardens is that all the specimens and exhibits are very close together; hard to get a simple shot unless you are on top of the plant. I loved the succulent and cactus exhibit. One photo is below.

Tana and I adventured to Huntley Meadows before the ice fully thawed and found some lovely scenes. I cherish these days above freezing when I can get out. Photographing ice does take some practice and working with exposure. I added a few below. Leslie





3 comments:

Tana said...

Very nice, particularly like the one with the sun lite ice puddles around the plants.

Van said...

Very nice Leslie. I like the perspective on the cactus...

Rebecca D said...

It's so nice to keep seeing your work here Leslie, Tana, and Van. I love the ice image as well. I am currently in Barbara's "Photo Forum" group. We had a trip to Huntley Meadows last week, my first time there. Fantastic! Hope to see you in a future class, or perhaps at Huntley. I'd like to return soon when things start to bud up a little more.

Rebecca