Sorry we missed you, Jon! We hiked the path along the Potomac until we found a "friend." We took a few pictures of him and then decided to hike in a different direction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pix and Pensees by Landscape Photographers of the Potomac in Barbara Southworth's Spring and Fall Smithsonian classes
2 comments:
Nice images, Jennifer. I love the top wide view in early light of early snow while leaves are still fall colored. I think your "friend" could be a northern water snake. Here is a comparison showing that with copperhead:
(copy and paste, scroll down for watersnake)
http://www.virginiaherpetologicalsociety.com/venomous-look-a-likes/copperhead-look-a-likes/copperhead.htm#watersnake
Jen, I've never seen a better shot of Carderock, what with the tree colors and snow hugging the ground. The snake is terrorizing, but you really captured him well. I think of all the times i've gone to Carderock & never seen such a snake. Now i will really be on guard. Thanks. jill
Post a Comment