Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gerry's Oct 23rd images







3 comments:

kiefer said...

beautiful. I especially like the rocks that look like they are floating--especially with that sky and fog behind them.

Farid said...

Gerry, the "rock/river/forest-mountain/sky" could grace my study-wall anytime. I see the top of the rocks form a gentle convex arc; the river banks, from the sides and into the distance superimpose another convex arc; and then the horizon where the sky and mountains meet is a concave arc which sits on the other two, literally lightens the composition and, I find, balances all the elements just-so. Well done. The "bowl of night" is put to flight, as old Khayyam memorably declared and you've caught it well.

Barbara said...

what a wonderful mini collection of that morning. It's fun to see how some things attracted many photographers' attention (horizontal, softly lit sky sweep) and how other images are unique to individuals' perceptions of the place.