Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Angler's May 4th Early Morning






Angler's May 4th

It seems to be becoming a habit of mine to return to the scene and I am always glad that I do. This time I returned to the Angler's site much earlier in the morning, thinking that the earlier light would be a lot more interesting. The first picture I shot on our joint excursion was at near 7.00 a.m, when sunrise was slated for about 6.15. This time, the first picture I shot was at 6.05 a.m. with sunrise calculated for about 6.10. I think it makes all the difference - although eerie and creepy walking through the woods in the near dark.
The pictures were mostly shot from a rocky ledge that Lynn and I had earlier squatted on and where Barbara had later dropped by and pointed out some of the great potential of this perch - angles, views, subjects - that I simply had not noticed. A fine lesson in "looking". Some of the later pictures were shot down river. I was done by 7.30. Anyway, this time around, the sunrise did not disappoint and actually reflected off some wonderful pillow clouds and then whispered as subtle dancing colours on the river itself. I knew then, as I can confirm now, that I couldn't do justice to this gift - but here anyway are some of those results. All the pictures were taken with a 24-105 lens. Some of the pictures required a bit of a clean up as water drops had fallen on the lens which - of course - I did not notice at the time. The only other mishap was my shutter release falling into a pool of water; fortunately it wasn't damaged, otherwise it would be the third release I've gone through in six months.

2 comments:

Aiko said...

Congratulation farid,

Your effort getting up there early alone was richly rewarded with wonderful clouds and mist.

Going back again and again to the same point is the key Barbara taught us.

Aiko

Farid said...

Many Thanks, Aiko. And your pictures have taught me a great deal too.