I have uploaded a few photos here. My photos are not spectacular like many photographers nowadays. But my purpose as you all know is to find something that evoke a haiku feeling in me and I make a haiku from that. They tends to be very near and small and transient in their beauty. As we were taught by Barbara to slow down, look around, look down, look up and look beyond, I am trying to do that excersise during each excursion. If I can get 3 favorites out of 150 photos I take during one session, I would be very lucky and happy. I am planning to take this class as long as I can walk and as long as Barbara is offering. Hope to see you all soon and time to time.
By the way, two days ago, we had a haiku meeting, and there were so many haikus from my photos:I have been sending my haiku mates my photos from the class and they got inspired.
They rely on me to provide haiku moments photos for their einspiration and I feel responsible to find good ones. see you soon. Aiko
P.S. You have missed a great opportuity to see the most beautiful set of portofolio by Barbara. Her photos were astoundingly awesome: I was blown away and and speechless because of the sereneness and calm beauty of the nature. Seeing them made me feeling desparately to continue my quest. Thank you Barabara for showing us such great works of yours.
.jpg)


.jpg)

1 comment:
"near and small and transient in their beauty" - haiku spirit in your statement. It can be powerful to have a clear statement and to combine cross cutting forces. As we combine slow walking and long looking you combine a ritualized form of writing which, like photography, aims at essential distillation and expansive perception. Your concentrated effort is paying off in a true blossoming.
Post a Comment