Yesterday, I went to the Great Falls and captured the above.
There were couple of great blue herons on the rocks.
During exposure of 20s, these herons stand still for me.
Looking forward to meeting them again tomorrow morning!
Pix and Pensees by Landscape Photographers of the Potomac in Barbara Southworth's Spring and Fall Smithsonian classes
3 comments:
Their stillness while watching for food suits photographers watching for pictures as long as a certain distance is maintained. What a curious pink mood. I think that could also work in black and white, though I love the orange light on the black rocks.
Thanks for your comment.
It was great to see the orange reflections onto the rocks and water from the sunset clouds.
I took a look at the transformation into black and white, but because of the subtle color of orange and blue, I chose this.
I loved those wicked looking black rocks against the frothy cloud like water. Almost like an alien landscape ... but then there were those interesting birds.
Post a Comment