Friday, October 17, 2014

Hello, everyone - taking Barbara's class, had our first outing this morning.  I got this image of trees reflected in the canal.

 I use a Nikon D3200 that I bought last winter (my first real camera).  This picture was taken with the 55mm lens, ISO 200, f 5.6, 1/250 sec.  And yes, I edited it in Lightroom.

My passion is hunting for, identifying, and photographing wildflowers, often with a macro lens.  I blog about this hobby at http://elizaberryblog.wordpress.com/.
From April through early September I posted almost daily; now that so little is left blooming I'm posting about every other day, but please have a look and leave me some feedback. ...please?

Here's a shot of a bumblebee on wingstem (Verbesina alternifolia), on the morning of August 24:
This one I took with a Sigma 105mm macro lens; ISO 400, f 8.0, 1/160 sec.

Really looking forward to our next outing and seeing everyone's work!


4 comments:

jane said...

Lovely photo, and your blog is so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Kristina P. said...

Glad you are in the class to lend a different perspective, literally and figuratively...nice shots on your blog!

Barbara said...

Wonderful blog about "hunting" - that usage alone makes a nice point. You are dauntless in id'ing myriad asters. I liked your post on Jerusalem Artichokes too - as they are apparently not rare it makes me curious to pluck to taste them. I'm curious if you prowl Marsden Tract, so near where we were last Friday, during spring. It and Scott's Run are among local spring wildflower hotspots.

Having a mission to motivate getting out and shooting is a wonderful thing.

Unknown said...

Barbara, Marsden Tract is indeed part of my beat! Basically Billy Goat B and C area, from river to canal and every footpath in between.