Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to join everyone for the Cherry Blossom outing, but I went out (a little later in the morning) the following day and then again on Monday to try my hand at capturing their beauty. They are breathtaking. I'm not sure I did them justice, but here are a few examples of what I got.









And here are two slightly different takes...one of the fallen petals and one of a dude enjoying the show in his own way.




Then as I was walking by the Washington Monument in search of a spot to get the Cherries with the Monument in the background, I happened upon a young girl practicing her gymnastics, which created a great photo op. I didn't get my horizon line quite straight. I tried straightening digitally, but there wasn't enough headroom to do it without messing up the proportions of the monument. Oh well.







2 comments:

Barbara said...

Lots of cherry essence and spring festival goodness. The shadow of the plant parts on the petal in #1 is fine.

jill said...

sherry, your blossoms & different tree trunks are wonderful. You also have a great eye for people & humor in a day. You definitely enjoyed yourself & so did I looking at your shots. Thanks. jill