
Hello All, I'm sorry to have missed the first class and I look forward to meeting everyone on Friday's field trip. I am a returning student in Potomac Landscapes, and in the past have indulged my love for "little landscapes" -- close-ups and macro shots of details in the landscape. This session, I want to concentrate on more traditional, larger-scale landscapes, as well as improving image quality, both in technique and composition. I'll be shooting with my father-in-law's vintage Xpan 100 film camera, which should be lots of fun. Here's a shot from a summer backpacking trip in Alaska (taken with a modern SLR); this was shot from my tent in the Peters Hills, looking toward Mt. McKinley, as a 14-hour storm finally started to lift.
2 comments:
Amazing place and mood to capture from your tent. I like to think that your special vantage point and immersion in the place contributed to your vision. You really got beyond the world of cars.
I encourage you all to think a bit about a simple focus, to help sharpen, concentrate your vision, direct your attention. Seeing is an active process. The goal is to direct your ability to make, rather than take, pictures.
Post a Comment