This does not look safe! It looks crazy to me, I can only imagine how exhilarating to this extreme paddler - a different breed. This series is a bit of a cliffhanger for me. What happens next after the drop portrayed in the fish ladder - since the blog shows image in reverse order posted, does he actually plunge in that deep drop we see on the left looking upstream? Really!?! Could that be true?
Of course it's crazy, and thrilling and dangerous, ... which is why they do it. I didn't think about the order when I loaded the shots, but I will next time. The kayaker did not plunge into the drop we see to the left in the previous pictures, but into a smaller one that was just downstream of the bridge on which I was standing. I showed the photos to a kayaking friend who knew the people. The leader of the group is James Ewen, 67 years of age, who is legendary in the kayaking world and clearly does not act his age. Ewen has numerous medals from Olympic and other world class competitions.
Wow Jack! The close up is amazing. As are the others but of course the close-up has lots of drama. You really captured these crazed souls in action. Good for all of you!
3 comments:
This does not look safe! It looks crazy to me, I can only imagine how exhilarating to this extreme paddler - a different breed. This series is a bit of a cliffhanger for me. What happens next after the drop portrayed in the fish ladder - since the blog shows image in reverse order posted, does he actually plunge in that deep drop we see on the left looking upstream? Really!?! Could that be true?
Of course it's crazy, and thrilling and dangerous, ... which is why they do it. I didn't think about the order when I loaded the shots, but I will next time. The kayaker did not plunge into the drop we see to the left in the previous pictures, but into a smaller one that was just downstream of the bridge on which I was standing. I showed the photos to a kayaking friend who knew the people. The leader of the group is James Ewen, 67 years of age, who is legendary in the kayaking world and clearly does not act his age. Ewen has numerous medals from Olympic and other world class competitions.
Wow Jack! The close up is amazing. As are the others but of course the close-up has lots of drama. You really captured these crazed souls in action. Good for all of you!
Post a Comment