Sunday, March 29, 2015

Some shots from the cathedral... I took three different exposures of the stained glass moon window, and I posted the three because I think the differences are really interesting. Probably the brightest one is the more correct exposure, but I like the darker ones even though some of the detail is lost, because it makes it look like you're really looking through a window to the stars.




And some of the tiny distant sculptures high up and far from view...




And some miscellaneous things that caught my eye...








And here's what happens when I spend too much time playing in the digital darkroom...I get a little carried away...so first pic is normal and second is what would have happened if I had taken sketch pad and pastels instead of a camera
:->






3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great that you are having fun. I like the blue and lavender of the normal picture.

jill said...

sherry, i especially like your shot of the greek church through the cathedral window. And the parasols are fun. jill

Barbara said...

I really agree with your comment about 3 exposures and the effect of the darkest. Detail is sacrificed for mood and meaning - a more than fair exchange.

You have a wonderful eye for some of the seemingly endless kinds of design. It's fun to see your lovely bird window detail, maybe because we can more immediately relate to contemporary schemes, and because the style of glass brings new designs and methods into glass for glass sake. What does the number 4 in that image refer to? The images reveals some things while raising new questions.

I also appreciate your sequencing. Some of your images remind to look more carefully for unique touches, such as in 4,5,8 and 9.