Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Great Falls - Sue Drescher











2 comments:

Rebecca D said...

Sue, your images are beautiful. I am especially captivated by the burl with the young leaves growing out of it. I love the juxtaposition of the freshness and color of the leaves next to the old gnarly vine. There is a green sliver on the far right edge that I find just a little distracting, but it could easily be cropped out. The fern and floral close-ups in the next set are fantastic!

Barbara said...

I too liked the new red and green leaves cropping from the maple juxtaposed with the browns and greys of bark and bristly poison ivy. I liked your series opening with classic morning view of the falls, then downriver creek, and on to keenly seen details, including fiddlehead and sycamore moods, ending with rue anemone gesture (possibly that one might have been tighter at the top - not sure what would have happened if you showed more at the bottom. Sense of place in a sequence, tactile, felt. Your point of focus in the details feels right.