Sunday, May 1, 2016

Scott's Run and Great Falls

I am behind on posting so here are Scott's Run and Great Falls all in one.

Scott's Run
 






Great Falls




And two more from a return trip to the canal at Anglers Inn


2 comments:

Barbara said...

I think my favorite is 5, followed by 7. Skunks and fallen moss log works in part because of the dramatic tonal scale from brilliant top/side highlights on skunk leaves to dark shadows - shadows and highlights retaining detail or at least a sense of space. Love the near / far relationship, the way my eye moves through and around the layers. I think that was a special spring spot and you got it! 7 juxtaposition of green gold luminous leaves with angular dark and light rocks facing the sun - again the way your eye travels the scene is wonderful.

I wonder if bit of flare could have been tamed in 8 but I do like it as follow on from 7. Glorious light on new leaves - saturation possibly hyped a bit?

Juxtaposition seems to be another thing you are good at, as with trillium and fiddlehead (I might prevented the main fiddlehead from "touching" its nearest neighbor, possibly tried to tame the leaf highlight below, and light tone behind the trillium red (translucent with that same brilliant light.)

cammie said...

I especially like the way you've captured morning light illuminating the trees. My favorites would be 6, 8, 12 and 13. I like 8 a lot!