Friday, April 21, 2017

Tripod Info






Some members of the class were asking about the tripod I used to get low to the ground:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tripod/

In full disclosure, the specs say it weights 5.4 lbs (my previous cheaper Ambico tripod was only half that), but I have to admit that the Vanguard seemed heavier, especially after 2 or 3 miles up and down the hills.  However, I've gotten used to it, and perhaps that's all that is needed.  I actually bought it off Amazon, but at $30 less than the price they are showing now:
https://www.amazon.com/Vanguard-Alta-Pro-263AB-100/dp/B003WKOENO

2 comments:

jill said...

Chris, thanks very much for the tripod info. The user comments at the end threw me off a bit. I'll try to get a look at yours on our next outing. Thanks again. jill

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. This is very useful information. I am about to buy a travel tripod, but have not yet made up my mind on which to buy.