Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lock 5-The Chain Bridge



3 comments:

Pat Worley said...

The top photo is a close up of a very small falls on the Virginia side of the Chain Bridge. The photo is cropped ever so slightly to improve the composition. Notice how the water looks like sparks as they job off the rocks.

The other two shots are a view from the Chain Bridge. The Herons were incredible! There were so many of them.

kiefer said...

The one of the small falls is really amazing. Best thing yet, in my mind!

Isn't it funny when you count up how many heron we got in our photos. Most of them I could not see with my naked eyes.

Pat Worley said...

Thanks for your comment on the pic. It is amazing when you go in tight. The picture looks very abstract to me.

I agree about the herons. I counted 7 in one of my shots. There had to be at least a dozen flying around. I have never seen so many in one spot.

Getting up early is so worth it.