Saturday, May 2, 2009

Preferences please




Which of these do you think works better--closer or wider angle? thanks.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ooh, for me it's not even the teeniest bit close - the closer image is more what the picture wants to be by a mile.

I wish I'd made it myself as I love the little leaves, babies with perfect features - except that in a class, when I do occasionally give in to making a few shots myself, I also delight in someone taking a suggestion to run with and making their own images.

Back in the same spot the next day, I noticed that already the fallen catkins seemed less fresh. Spring's rapid unfolding of plant life is an especially poignant marking of time. Each day's progress brings something new on the scene while other cycles pass until next year.

The catkins' golden festoonment so extravagent - but only for an instant. You caught that and more.

I love the LF quote. You might like the book I discovered at a photographer friend's house yesterday - Wabi Sabi for artists, designers, poets and philosophers by Leonard Koren.

I'm behind in image processing - will try to catch up by Friday latest.