Wednesday, December 9, 2009

difficult run
















Feedback wanted as I am trying to push myself beyond order to embrace chaos! Sorry I will miss class Friday.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I wish you were able to come to class because the experience of seeing images projected or printed is better than the blog allows. Glad your image of the one we spoke about on the trail was clickable to a larger size because it can't be appreciated as well at normal blog size.

I'm inspired by your conscious effort to do something different. I spoke of it today while I showed another class a range of imagery that I hoped would help inspire them to see things differently and push beyond.

Your series and our outings since seeing "Woods" has gotten me thinking more and more about photographing the experience of woods. For some it's a claustrophobic experience.

The more I think about it, this thing we do - walking and shooting a particular kind of image about beautiful "natural" places seems peculiar, worth considering the why of, and the why not some other way.

I've been thinking about the photograph of the pipe next to Key Bridge in the classroom. It maintains a typical angle of appreciation to the bridge while juxtaposing a "non-scenic" pipe.

Barbara said...

It occurs to me that the last picture, particularly, hardly makes sense at all at normal blog size but when I enlarge it I start to see it as one of your prints. I think your printing ability and shooting eye are growing apace and complement each other. You have developed your power to realize your vision it seems.

Barbara said...

Meditative.

So I particularly respond. They invite that response, as opposed to the wow me, entertain me with gorgeoous light, photographic razzle dazzle response that I think Gopnik was taking exception to.

kiefer said...

thanks, Barbara. After I posted them, I thought they are so lame and boring--but I think you are right that they have to be seen larger. I am eager to print. Interesting that you mentioned the image in the classroom as I have also spent some time on that spot. I am attaching a picture in which the "hand of man" intrudes.