Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Great Falls by Janet



In each of these photographs, I was trying to do something quite simple, although the images are busy and that may have overcome what I was trying to do. In the first, much like in one of Claire's photos, I wanted to make the red leaves pop against the background of quieter colors. In the second, I wanted the dark, cool, forbidding tones of the foreground to give way to the brighter and warmer tones in the sunlight downstream.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm glad to have seen this in class - a different experience. There is a richness that seems to come through with your choice of material and methods, including the sharpness of lens and the film (I'm forgetting if you're shooting neg or pos). The leaves and panoramic shape, shapes and shards of color strike a chord with me, the gesture, the intimacy, welter of layered detail which reads clearly despite it all.