Sunday, May 1, 2016

20 Photos for 2 Critiques

I am unable to attend the final class critique and my images were not viewed at the midterm class critique. So here are my 20 shots for both reviews.   I would welcome any comments or advice. Although I missed the class blossom-viewing outing, I did a make up visit to the cherry trees at Meadowlark Gardens. Thanks!

Meadowlark Gardens


Meadowlark Gardens

Meadowlark Gardens

Meadowlark Gardens

Old Angler's Class

Old Angler's Class

Old Angler's Class

Old Angler's Class

Scott's Run

Scott's Run

Scott's Run

Scott's Run

Great Falls

Great Falls

Great Falls

Great Falls

Great Falls

Great Falls

Great Falls

Great Falls

4 comments:

jill said...

Cammie, your cherry blossom shots are lovely--the angles and lighting. It looks so much more peaceful there than at the tidal basin. I also found your woods shots at both scott's run and great falls to be spectacular--again, you have captured the lighting and tranquillity of each place. thanks so much. we'll miss you at the final viewing. jill

jane said...

Cammie, Beautiful Meadowlark Gardens cherry blossom shots -- without the Tidal Basin crowds. And your closeup shots of the ferns and bluebells are spot on... with a hand-held camera. Looks like you've joined the No Sky Club!
Hope to see you again soon. Jane

Rebecca D said...

Cammie, you have a wonderful series of different trees in Spring. I especially like the cherry tree with the twisting trunk. It has great composition, nice movement and different textures that capture your eye. I also love the one below from Angler's – the strong angle of the shoreline, the graceful trees and the golden sunlit hill in the background also reflected in the water. Beautiful. And the Bluebells close-up is absolutely stunning! We will miss you on Thursday and hope to see you again in another class.

Barbara said...

I thought 1 would be my favorite - it reminds me of certain Giverny images - until I saw the amazing branch image. I think it is the same tree as in 1, and I agree with Rebecca about that lovely twist Oh!

When I first saw the geese, I thought there were only two, seen in their window, then realized they are part of a line. It took a second look too, for me to recognize the trees by river at Anglers - their gesture is a bit similar to Meadowlark 1. Your sequence flows. You are very gesture-aware (as in 1,3,4,5,6,7)

The water blues in your images are wonderful - I so like 8 for its light palette - that yellow green, pale luminous blue, white sycamore and lighter browns.

Also especially like the shimmering, positive / negative effect in 9, and fern / skunk juxtaposition (18), and really love the gesture of the shape of the stream in 20. So glad you caught those spring days.

It's harder to say what I might change. I just encourage you to keep engaging the way you are - keep working to see and feel, respond and shape. I hope that is not disappointing.