Beautiful pictures! I like also that you shot them in Black and White, as it brings out the textures so well. Looking at the tree with the moss, for example, is almost like touching it.
I wonder if you were thinking of eyes in the fungus forms of the first - think I'm seeing them because you made the picture that way. I like the wood series - trunks, grain, textures, fallen fork, and yes the tactile sensation - a focus you can continue throughout, along with whatever else lends itself to your vision. I hope you will get back to see the Wynn Bullock show - the book and show are wonderful!
5 comments:
Beautiful pictures! I like also that you shot them in Black and White, as it brings out the textures so well. Looking at the tree with the moss, for example, is almost like touching it.
Nice shots. Inspires me to try B&W more.
I wonder if you were thinking of eyes in the fungus forms of the first - think I'm seeing them because you made the picture that way. I like the wood series - trunks, grain, textures, fallen fork, and yes the tactile sensation - a focus you can continue throughout, along with whatever else lends itself to your vision. I hope you will get back to see the Wynn Bullock show - the book and show are wonderful!
And I love the skunk dipping to water, and water patterns.
Your BxW shots also inspire me. You have made all those stumps and roots come alive. Excellent work. Thanks. jill
Post a Comment