Saturday, April 8, 2017

Views from Scott's Run (plus 1)

Up the chimney


I liked the angles

A lucky shot!

Dancing light on the water

Does this "work" with the out-of-focus background?

NOT Scott's Run (from Botswana safari last September - Daybreak)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Especially like the chimney shot, and can almost feel heat and humidity from the Botswana shot (or is that just my imagination?)

Barbara said...

It all came together in Botswana...As to question about fiddleheads and background - the background is rather light / bright, which pulls the eye. It is a little distracting and busy. It's easy to underestimate the importance of the background, and difficult to control in some situations. You might try simplifying as much as possible (less detail, less bright, and less focus. A different vantage point, sometimes only a small move, could make a difference.

Unknown said...

I admire you for having the imagination to shot all photos from completely different angles/viewpoints. To me, that is a sign of a creative mind. When I see your picture of the chimney, it not only shows me details that I missed when we were there, but also the perspective is great and I almost feel dizzy looking up at it and how it is almost touching those treetops high up in the sky. Likewise, when I am looking down on the moving water in the river from your picture from the overlook, I feel slightly worried and dizzy.