Friday, April 7, 2017

Wild Flowers and Trees at Scott's Run

Nice hike this morning at Scot's Run - we saw lots of wild flowers and so many trees....

 Skunk Cabbages lined the small rivers - but is anyone eating these vegetables?..

 Dutchmans Breeches

 NOT a Baobab Tree

 This is a popular restaurant/hotel for woodpeckers, bees, other birds and insects

 Trout Lilies - I think these are young ones

 Trout Lilies - possibly more mature ones

Where to find Virginia Bluebells if not in Virginia.....?...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Get lots of smiles from these. Very nice..

barry said...

I love the angle of the tree shot & the close up of #2

Barbara said...

I especially like the first one with the skunks following the curving stream.

jill said...

Thanks to you I now know what trout lilies are. Your shots of them are great, as is the look-up-the-tree photo. Thanks. jill