Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lock 5
















this was a beautiful morning and a magical spot.

3 comments:

Pat Worley said...

Hi Leslie,

Your pictures are marvelous! I was amazed by how many Herons we saw at one time! If only all of those people who travel to work could take the time to admire the beauty they drive by each day.

Your shots are nice and tight. All of my pics are long shots. I might rent a lens for next week to get tighter shots. My longest lens is 75 mm and it just doesn't seem to cut it when it comes to shooting wildlife.

After I left you, I went to Turkey Run. There were no flowers left,so I spent time in the stream taking pics with my 11-18mm lens. What fun!

I am also very impressed with how efficient you are! You edited and posted your pics, made comments, sent out emails...and put in a full day at the office! Wow! I barely had time to upload my shots onto the computer yesterday. Getting out in nature early in the morning suits you well.

kiefer said...

150 is my maximum focal length. I think shooting vertically was helpful and I found myself doing that all day.

As to time management, you could say I get on a roll and get pretty obsessive. I need to see what I did and these needed only a little editing.

I just bought Lightroom and I think I will be so happy with the capabilities there.

Pat Worley said...

I'll have to give Lightroom a try. Lately, I have been working in improving my Photoshop skills. So much to do, so litle time...

See you on Tuesday.