Walking along the C&O Canal as sunset approached, I realized once again how the changing light and seasons transform everything. I have always been fixated on these two trees emerging from a rocky island on the canal. Last year in October, I photographed them after sunrise in the fall -- and the colors were richer and deeper.
This year close to sunset, long after the leaves had fallen the two trees looked fragile.
The afternoon shadows brought out some amazing colors and reflections in the water and rocky banks along the canal.
The upper pathway offered some interesting views of the path below, but I realized again that I enjoy photographing on the lower pathway.
This year close to sunset, long after the leaves had fallen the two trees looked fragile.
The afternoon shadows brought out some amazing colors and reflections in the water and rocky banks along the canal.
The upper pathway offered some interesting views of the path below, but I realized again that I enjoy photographing on the lower pathway.




3 comments:
Great reflections and nicely sharp. Leslie
Jane, it was great to see the comparison of shots of C&O Rock w/ Trees. I, too, have always wondered how those trees survive & i like to photograph them. thanks. jill
See you tomorrow, Heron Queen. You need to guide us to their special place on the canal.
It did feel like fall wasn't as colorful this year. Interesting to compare with the past years. Every time is different, isn't it? Still so much to photograph!
Post a Comment