Goodness Leslie, it looks like you found a dinosaur head in the forest.
Emotionally dramatic with all the spikey points and dark relative to the surrounding trees.
I like the composition and soft light brown color. I tried to imagine what it would look like if you shot after raising or lowering the camera, changing what background would be behind the large tree base/root... and it seems like you nailed it. The dark-bark tree to the left also helps ground the image and make the spikey thing less isolated in the frame. It is clear they are separate elements. You might be able to get more detail out of the spikey thing, it looks like just enough to keep it from being a black blob.
I also like the elevated bog walkway. Do you have a shot where the camera is elevated perhaps expanding the breadth of the walk?
Skip, thank you for your comments. Actually I was shocked when I saw the image on my computer of the spiky thing. You are right I have to keep reminding myself to try alternate angles and verticals. I've been practicing selective focus and a variety of apertures lately with this being one I liked best. The boardwalk has less impact taken higher right now because all the marsh plants are quite unimpressive. It is a great location with different things revealed as the seasons change. Leslie
3 comments:
Goodness Leslie, it looks like you found a dinosaur head in the forest.
Emotionally dramatic with all the spikey points and dark relative to the surrounding trees.
I like the composition and soft light brown color. I tried to imagine what it would look like if you shot after raising or lowering the camera, changing what background would be behind the large tree base/root... and it seems like you nailed it. The dark-bark tree to the left also helps ground the image and make the spikey thing less isolated in the frame. It is clear they are separate elements. You might be able to get more detail out of the spikey thing, it looks like just enough to keep it from being a black blob.
I also like the elevated bog walkway. Do you have a shot where the camera is elevated perhaps expanding the breadth of the walk?
You have made both very interesting.
Skip, thank you for your comments. Actually I was shocked when I saw the image on my computer of the spiky thing. You are right I have to keep reminding myself to try alternate angles and verticals. I've been practicing selective focus and a variety of apertures lately with this being one I liked best. The boardwalk has less impact taken higher right now because all the marsh plants are quite unimpressive. It is a great location with different things revealed as the seasons change. Leslie
I agree with Skip, and really like the spikey root ball. Nice work on the depth of field in that shot as well.
I like the angle you took on the path. Looks like you were very close to the ground.
Post a Comment