Great class today. Sorry I had to run off.
Here is a link to the Anglers Inn images: (NOTE: These are all the images I processed, not just on my list of the best.)
Anglers got off slow for me in terms of seeing photo opportunities. However it was nice to tag along with the group along the road and later the C&O towpath. ...to see that moon come out.
I planned to used almost exclusively the Sigma f2.8 105mm macro prime lens and I am glad I did. On a couple of places I switched to a Sigma f2.8 18-50 macro zoom. I also shot almost exclusively at ISO 100, which is the sweet spot for my camera. All in RAW. Processing was Sigma PhotoPro where I created the JPEG you see.
As Barbara said at the start, sometimes you find yourself out looking for photos and they just are not presenting themselves. That was my time along the gold road trail as I slowly warmed to the task.
I also wanted to concentrate on establishing a definite focus point and use appropriately the depth-of-field. Early on, you will see where I focused on the foreground (e.g. leaves) or the background (e.g. small group on trail) through the twigs and leaves.
The most exciting time was after the sun left us on the C&O towpath in shadow.
Questions and/or comments?
____________________________________________________________________________
https://skipwilliamsphotos.smugmug.com/Smithsonian-Landscape-Class-Fall-2017-/Course-Portfolio-Best-images/n-t36St5
4 comments:
Sorry you had to leave, I particularly liked the pictures in the 60 and 70 s.
Skip, these images are amazingly sharp so this must be great lens. I like the framing of the white house that is different than the rest of us shot it. I think it was the first of that. I find it fascinating how we are took some very unique photos of the same area. Leslie
Well thank you Gaetana.
Thank you Leslie.
Amazed by the range of viewpoints people found. Barbara really helped us to not just look, but to see. ...and to make an image.
Post a Comment