Saturday, December 16, 2017

Continuing to roam woodlands and parks

I am fascinated by how the scenery is changing weekly and each outing I see new images. The colors were bright on Monday at Huntley Meadows but definitely wintry Friday at Great Falls MD. I included a sample of those I like for different reasons. Leslie

The first two are from Huntley Meadows and the rest from Great Falls.

I would have liked a clear shot of the the tree that while brown, stood out from the sunlight.



Below, I followed Barbara's suggestion and cropped out the sky for a more wintry, barren look.






4 comments:

Tana said...

Very nice, I particularly like the Great Falls MD one with the quite pond and the one with the expansive water and white barked trees.
Nice and crisp.

Unknown said...

Wow, new views. I like the last one and you have created a small room in the landscape. it looks like a great place to return in other seasons. In the forest you found a jewel of a tree. The light gave you a nice color tone in this series.

Leslie said...

Thank you both for your comments. Skip, the water was very low that day and it revealed more rock and new views. In fact, the canal was nearly dry. I want to go back when it is sunny so hopefully there will be time over the holidays. Leslie

Van said...

Love the vertical lines of the trees, with diffuse light. They are lovely.