I love the feet of trees, especially Beech. I love the composition, feeling, texture of the rock phlox and lichens. A thought - could dof be "wasted" slightly. The foreground is all sharp - them marvelous tactile pattern of various growth on the rock. It seems there was depth of field to spare in the foreground. But the lichen on the left in background is wonderful too and I would have liked to see sharpness there as well - because I think that's what that picture wanted. Why stop with the exquisite detail?
If you use a darkcloth and or hoodman gizmo and have stop down capability to view depth of field you are capturing you will gain more control in such situations. PATIENCE.
If we come back with more shots but none have the fully realized quality that might have captured had more time been devoted to less shots, well, I'm just saying... less is the new, more better more.
thanks barbara. yes, patience would help. i still have continual problems with clarity and depth of field. perhaps i will try previewing depth of field, if i can figure that out. what's a hoodman gizmo? i will try tomorrow. a discouraged jill
2 comments:
I love the feet of trees, especially Beech. I love the composition, feeling, texture of the rock phlox and lichens. A thought - could dof be "wasted" slightly. The foreground is all sharp - them marvelous tactile pattern of various growth on the rock. It seems there was depth of field to spare in the foreground.
But the lichen on the left in background is wonderful too and I would have liked to see sharpness there as well - because I think that's what that picture wanted. Why stop with the exquisite detail?
If you use a darkcloth and or hoodman gizmo and have stop down capability to view depth of field you are capturing you will gain more control in such situations. PATIENCE.
If we come back with more shots but none have the fully realized quality that might have captured had more time been devoted to less shots, well, I'm just saying...
less is the new, more better more.
thanks barbara. yes, patience would help. i still have continual problems with clarity and depth of field. perhaps i will try previewing depth of field, if i can figure that out. what's a hoodman gizmo? i will try tomorrow. a discouraged jill
Post a Comment