Your strong and inviting perspective speaks of slowing down enough to see the way to reveal a place intimately and deeply, spatially and emotionally. It also reveals your development as a photographer. When I began Potomac Landscapes I hoped that photographers would continue returning to spots over years and seasons, whether in the class or beyond - another reason I find your comparison satisfying.
Aiko: I am so impressed that you could find the same spot again! I find the shifting of the seasons confuses my eye. I really like the combination of strong foreground and the perspective Barbara speaks about.
This location made such an impression on me last fall and I spent a quite minutes to get that one. So when I passed by the same spot on our way back to the Scott Run Parking lot, I remmbered the photo I took and got this clever idea of seeing the two images side by side to see how the season's change affect the moode of the scene.
3 comments:
Your strong and inviting perspective speaks of slowing down enough to see the way to reveal a place intimately and deeply, spatially and emotionally. It also reveals your development as a photographer. When I began Potomac Landscapes I hoped that photographers would continue returning to spots over years and seasons, whether in the class or beyond - another reason I find your comparison satisfying.
Aiko: I am so impressed that you could find the same spot again! I find the shifting of the seasons confuses my eye. I really like the combination of strong foreground and the perspective Barbara speaks about.
Thanks Barbara and Leslie,
This location made such an impression on me last fall and I spent a quite minutes to get that one. So when I passed by the same spot on our way back to the Scott Run Parking lot, I remmbered the photo I took and got this clever idea of seeing the two images side by side to see how the season's change affect the moode of the scene.
I like both seasons!
Aiko
Post a Comment