Monday, April 19, 2010

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I thought this looked like a special place. Try this: crop to a tighter shot from bottom and left to eliminate rock in right foreground.

Why? It's light value draws the eye and may be a distraction. Without it the image seems to have more depth, to be more about what it wants to be about. That is, the eye is more easily drawn into the deeper space of the image and the image creates a more immersive environment.

This is one opinion and makes it more the kind of image I would make.

I wonder if your white balance was set on tungsten or some other warm color temperature that caused the camera to compensate for because the image seems cool - perhaps that is what you intended.

The best way to improve is to become your own best critic, but I understand that at this stage of the game you are looking for technical guidance.

Barbara said...

Sorry, that's crop from right, not left, and bottom.