I'm writing in to let everyone know what must seem obvious, that the pictures I posted are not ones I took during our Friday excursion. For me, that excursion was an embarrassing tutorial on how NOT to take pictures of forests, and forest floors. Not a single image worked - in fact they were ALL rubbish. Sufficiently galled I set myself the exercise of revisiting the site in order to look for improvement. So I went back twice. Once on a morning about 45 minutes before sunrise, and then later on during an afternoon when it was raining, although when I set out it was merely sprinkling. The pre-sunrise time was lovely: from the same spot on the overlook I was able to get some pictures of the sunlight slowly gliding down from the tops of the trees on the opposite shore, till it met the cliffs and then continued. (I haven't posted these, fearing a surfeit of posting). The wet afternoon also paid dividends - lots of little spots just became more intense in colour, and rocks, moss, trees, shrubs, pools were just that more note-worthy. I find that it's hard to get good angles and perspectives for all the branches and twigs that obstruct one's view, and that forest floors are immensely chaotic, and elude that simplicity that more often than not makes for a good picture. I wonder if anyone else finds the same? Farid. Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to see some of the other photos I've put them in a gallery which may be accessed via this link:
http://tinyurl.com/y45q5rb
1 comment:
One man's rubbish is another's treasure. So many of these delight. The new copper bronze leaves that manage being red and green at once to name but one.
Post a Comment