Thursday, April 28, 2016

Finally making a post

I don't manipulate as much in photoshop/lightroom as some of you do.  I found I ended to WAY overdo. 























2 comments:

Linda said...

Many, really lovely images Dawn. It was nice to meet you in the rain yesterday. Linda

Barbara said...

Worth waiting for! I especially like the clarity, vantage point and composition of your tidal blossom images, especially the smiling couple with photographer, and the same goes for the bench on the towpath. I'm questioning if that could be the bench I think I know, as it is seen so differently. In that, I might have tried tweaking the composition to give the bench a hair more space on the right...

I love the kite streaming above the trees (that is one royal blue sky.)

Maybe my favorite is the fountain and the light at the NGA. Watch the highlights, even when it means the darks go blacker. I wonder if you try bracketing, especially in those super-contrasty situations.

I love the humor, color and composition in the dog next to the crossing at Scott's.

I like the simplicity and perspective in the long, vertical path at TRI. At the end of the path is almost a doorway square shape, the entrance, or dropping off point to the woods.

In the iris image, capturing the way they entice you to enter deep woods, there is possibly a stick-gremlin in the foreground. Decaying trunk at bottom is like a step or thresh hold to the moat that must be crossed before reaching the gold.