Thursday, April 28, 2016

Scott's Run with macro, London and Theodore Roosevelt Island with rain (not in the correct order)

















2 comments:

Rebecca D said...

Your flower close-ups are beautiful, very sensitive. I like the way only parts are in focus, especially the white flowers with the spring green background and the yellow flower. And it looks like you captured some very happy ducks!

Barbara said...

What a mix! I like the ducks in the rain, pattern of drops on the river, and completely agree with Rebecca's comment about your flowers and details. I seem to recall you rented a macro for Scott's and were having a wonderful time with it. I love the iris leaf abstraction. I went back there on Monday and though I concentrated on flowers I still hope to go again and pay more attention to their long leaves. They were in their prime and still coming on with lots of buds. Cool rain will help keep them fresh. Maybe that one wants more sharpness.

Your view of garlic mustard is not so jaundiced as mine - yours is a lovely close-up of that invader. Your point of focus just works! (Yellow irises are invaders too, though not nearly so rapacious.)

I love the keenly seen, rayed pattern of redbud blossoms and light on the web strand.

I like the mystery of the green spiral, so abstract I can't identify.

Bluebell is so nice as focus, abstraction, and composition offer something refreshing.

15 takes us to that certain almost fiber-optic-like part of a strange interior, where the light seems a bit uncanny.

Journeys near and far.