Hi all, yesterday I photographed in Huntley Meadows in Fairfax County. The area is a marshy stretch of the Dogue Creek. While the sky was gray and misty, the trees were glorious and I loved these plants growing in the water. Never really have seen such an extensive marsh area before.
The park is easily accessible with good parking, paved walk under the yellow leafed trees and a winding boardwalk through the marsh. One heron squawked as it landed but quickly took off again. There were many families and photographers out yesterday but not so many to be in the way. Great place to photograph.
Here is one image of the plants that I liked so much.
Leslie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
lovely shot, good foreground , middle & distance
Nice image; have never visited and must check it out.
Did you see any water fowl?
-- skip
Only saw heron but I am sure further into the marsh you go the more you would see. If you go, check out the website w directions first as they caution re GPS errors taking you to dead ends. That happened to me today, second visit and my car just wanted to go to another side of the park. Next time I will navigate. The website offers a map so you can plot your way to the right part where the marsh and boardwalk are. Leslie
Wonderful photo Leslie. All of the different plant forms with reflections are great and the colorful treeline leading your eye down into the scene. I want to keep looking at it. Must also go to Huntley Meadows. Have heard so much about it.
Post a Comment