Tuesday, November 7, 2017

River Bend -- Nick


Better late than never....  Here are some images from River Bend Park.  Actually the first image is one I made a couple of days later in my back yard.  I thought it recalled the falls from our first outing.

In some cases I included two or three or four different compositions of the same scene--I would appreciate any thoughts about what appeals to you and what doesn't (and why).

I haven't entirely figured out how to position the pictures and add text where i want it in the blog....

Somehow I always felt constrained to maintain the original 3:2 aspect ratio--probably stems from a college photography class where we were encouraged to frame the image as we wanted it, and we had to print the full frame.  So I'm experimenting with letting go of that constraint.  But not always.  






Photographers intently at work!

The pleasant sun star is just a feature of this lens, so I felt compelled to exploit it occasionally, even if it is cliche'.


I liked the animal-like forms
I like this version best, but is the leaf distracting to you?
I think i like the one above the best, but does chopping off the trunk on the left add tension, or just lead you out of the frame?  Likewise with leaves on the right?


And finally, a few paintings.





2 comments:

Leslie said...

Nick, really nice images. I especially like the black and whites and the close up macros. Leslie

Rebecca D said...

I like the way your images translated to black and white. Great tonal range. The close-ups at the end are wonderful too. Nice abstracts. I'm going to try to focus more on that tomorrow but wondering about the wind...