Monday, April 18, 2016

Roaches Run Waterfowl Preserve (Adult Content)


Decided to explore Roaches Waterfowl for a few minutes this morning. Only stayed a few minuted, but got this shot.

I actually embarrassed because this is the first time that I have been there, even though my kitchen window overlooks this beautiful spot.

Roaches Run is sandwiched between the CSX mainline to the west and GW Parkway and National Airport
on the east. This view is from my kitchen window.

Went down there via the GW parkway. This is about the only action I saw.



4 comments:

jill said...

Love your family shot of the ducks. They pear to be so nestled in. jill

jane said...

Where is that? Jill will be chasing the ducks with her camera soon. :)

Unknown said...

The location is Roaches Waterfowl Refuge. It is off the GW parkway. The exit is just before the exit to National Airport going south.

Judging from the activity, looks like there will b e a new family soon.

Barbara said...

Roaches Run, as well as Dyke Marsh, figure in the book I mentioned in class, "Spring in Washington" by Louis Halle. Having that amazing vantage point from your window, Jim, I think you might enjoy it. Light on duck is nice!